Are you looking for ways to market your business website? There are so many marketing ideas these days that it can be hard to know where to start. But, you only have so much time to devote to local search marketing and you don’t want to waste your efforts.
These 5 marketing strategies will help you boost your search results and increase your traffic and conversion rates:
1. Optimize for mobile. Four out of five consumers use their smartphones to shop which often includes consulting multiple channels before making a purchase. Consider responsive web design that adjusts site format automatically for multiple devices.
2. Make blogging a top priority. Creating, publishing and marketing meaningful, high quality blog content every week is a lot of work but it is well worth the effort. Businesses that blog regularly are twice as likely to generate leads as their counterparts who do not blog. A blog is also a valuable tool for building credibility and establishing yourself as a thought leader within your industry.
3. Maximize video use. In March 2014, 187.8 million people in the United States watched 46.6 billion online content videos. There are extensive options for incorporating video into a marketing strategy from product demonstrations to instructional how-to videos to behind the scenes tours of your company.
4. Build an email list right from the start. While most companies are aware that email marketing is a tried and true technique, many still don’t take it seriously. The sooner you can start building your email list, the better it is for your business. Provide incentives for users to sign up, such as a free eBooks or White Papers.
5. Distribute monthly press releases. Go to 24-7PressRelease.com, PRLog.org, or IdeaMarketers.com for some of the best free press release resources online. Send your press releases to local media outlets and any relevant niche media outlets.